Apply for Membership 

Please select the applicable pathway to membership below:

1. Graduate of CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)  - CFE Passers

Individuals who have successfully completed the CPA PEP with the CPA Western School of Business, passed the Common Final Examination (CFE), and have fulfilled the required practical experience component.

If you are a PEP graduate and have not yet received notification that your practical experience has been reviewed and is deemed complete, do not complete your application. You must have completed all necessary requirements (education and practical experience) prior to completing the application for membership.

Note: When asked to supply your CPA Canada number please use the CPAWSB student number adding the letter C to the beginning.

2. CPAs from other Provinces or Territories - Membership by Provincial Affiliation

Individuals who currently hold a CPA designation in another Canadian province or territory and who want to represent themselves as CPAs in the province of Alberta are required to register as a member with CPA Alberta.

3. Internationally Designated Individual

Foreign-designated professionals who are members of an accounting body that currently have a Reciprocal Membership Agreement (RMA) or Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) agreement with CPA Alberta.

4. Readmission to Membership in CPA Alberta

Former registrants who have previously resigned or had their membership cancelled due to administrative reasons may apply for readmission to membership with CPA Alberta by fulfilling the readmission requirements.

In situations where your registration has been cancelled under Part 5 (Complaints Inquiry Process) or Part 7 (Appeals and Court Enforcement of Decisions) of the Act, you are required to contact the CPA Alberta Registrar at for additional information regarding the re-registration process.

Share this page