Candidates are required to capture all practical experience in the online Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT).
Experience reports will capture the nature and duration of experience, the experience route (Pre-Approved Program and Experience Verification), an assessment of the experience, and time away from work.
Creating a PERT profile
Please visit the CPA Western School of Business for a detailed step-by-step:
PER Effective Date
The Practical Experience Requirements (PER) effective date is the day you begin to accumulate qualifying practical experience. The PER effective date is calculated automatically in PERT.
The PER effective date is calculated in PERT when Candidates meet the following three conditions:
- He/she is registered as a CPA candidate with the CPA Western School of Business (CPAWSB)
- Candidate is working in a qualifying position
- Candidate has a CPA mentor
Candidates must submit all of the required information, including any mandatory attachments, and CPA mentor information, within 90 days of either the date he/she registered as a Candidate with CPAWSB or the date he/she started employment (whichever date occurred later).
Once approved, the PER effective date will be calculated to the date the individual registered as a Candidate with the CPA Western School of Business (CPAWSB), or started in a position (whichever date occurred later). Otherwise, the PER effective date will be the date the Candidate logged in to PERT and provided the required information.
PERT User Guides
PERT User Guides are available to assist with creating experience reports within PERT.
- PERT User Guide CPA Candidates Working in the Experience Verification Route (EVR)
- PERT User Guide CPA Candidates Working in the Pre-approved Program Route (PPR)
- Quick Reference Guide for PERT Tasks