CPA Alberta supports CPAs and CPA candidates through two mentorship programs:
- The Career Development Mentoring Program focuses on assisting CPAs in developing a relationship that can yield insights and opportunities to expand one’s knowledge of career options, develop or improve upon work-related soft-skills for career progression, and to achieve meaningful goals. Mentors provide advice and guidance, as well as share relevant knowledge, perspectives, and experiences with mentees.
- The Professional Experience Requirement (PER) Mentorship Program is the mandatory program for CPA candidates to meet their practical experience requirements, formal education, and the Common Final Examination (CFE). The CPA certification program requires CPA candidates to complete a term of relevant practical experience. The standards for practical experience apply to certification for entry into the profession only. For more information on the CPA PER program, please click here.
The Career Development Mentorship Program is meant to help CPAs and CPA candidates in all stages of their career. The program fosters and assists in developing professional relationships between mentors and mentees.
The Career Development Mentorship Program starts in November of each year. The intake process occurs during the summer and the fall, and is a one-year commitment. CPA Alberta provides a half-day training workshop on mentorship at the beginning of the program as well as a mid-year session.
- Download the Mentorship Handbook and review the program policies and guidelines located in Chapter 1.
- Contact email@example.com for a copy of the mentorship application form.
- Submit a career summary/resume and your completed form with your digital signature to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an intake call with a program advisor.
- Create a mentor/mentee introductory statement.
- Attend the virtual online mentorship training.
Once you register, you will be provided with an estimated time for when a suitable match will be made and information about the next mandatory training session.
Apply today! November 2020 intake closes Monday, October 19.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 780.424.7391 (toll free: 1.800.232.9406)