The Career Development Mentorship Program matches a CPA mentor to a CPA mentee for a six-month relationship Acknowledging that a CPA’s career is not only limited to their technical skills, the program is designed for CPAs to bring their full-self to mentorship to learn how to bring their whole selves to work. The Program allows mentees to connect with mentors who have diverse experience and knowledge in the workplace, and community. Participants learn to effectively manage career goals, aspirations, and professional development. It provides an expanding network for CPAs to learn, share and engage with their peers on topics about everyday real-life work situations and solutions.
CPA Alberta is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. The mentorship program facilitates conversation to include diverse experience, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives to allow people to bring their authentic selves to mentoring. Mentors and mentees have the option to match based on preference for shared language, culture, heritage, geography, gender, parental status, and more.
What to expect from this program:
- Mentor/mentee match based on job preferences, diversity, and personal priorities
- Extensive training on mentorship relationships and diversity (see program details)
- Develop leadership and relationship building skills
- Design and implement a goal-oriented career plan
- Access an exclusive online discussion board to engage with your peers
- Ongoing support from the Mentorship Program coordinators
- A minimum time investment of three hours per month including meeting prep time and mentor/mentee meetings
- The official program length is six months, running from September 2022 to March 2023
If you are a CPA Candidate looking for a mentor related to your practical experience requirements, please click here.
Register for the Career Development Mentorship Program
Further program details sent to applicants after registration.
The mentorship intake process starts May 2, 2022. Applications close August 15, 2022.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 780.424.7391 (toll free: 1.800.232.9406)