The Career Development Mentoring Program matches a CPA mentor to a CPA mentee for a 10 month relationship. Acknowledging that a CPA’s career is not only limited to their technical skills, the program is designed for CPAs to bring their full self to mentorship to learn how to bring their whole selves to work. The CPA Mentorship Program allows mentees to connect with mentors who have the experience and knowledge to face and overcome challenges. Learn from Mentors who are in leadership positions and have transitioned their careers into new fields or have overcome barriers to achieve their career success.
If you are a CPA Candidate looking for a mentor related to your practical experience requirements, please click here.
Benefits of Career Mentorship include:
- Being matched based your job preferences, diversity, and personal priorities
- Extensive training on mentorship relationships and diversity
- Access to an exclusive mentorship resource platform
- Developing a goal-oriented career plan
- Exploring relationship building skills
- Career advancement tools and advice
- Support from and resources from Mentorship Program Coordinators
Application and Matching Process
The Career Development Mentorship Program starts in November of each year. The intake process occurs during the summer and the fall and is a 10-month commitment. CPA Alberta provides two, two-hour training workshops on mentorship at the beginning of the program and new this year, a two-hour training session on diversity, equity and inclusion.
CPA Alberta’s is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. The mentorship program facilitates conversation to include diverse experience, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives to allow people to bring their authentic selves to mentoring. Mentors and mentees have the option to match based on preference for shared language, culture, heritage, geography, gender, parental status, and more.
All information disclosed by mentors and mentees is confidential to the mentorship program and will only be used for the internal matching process.
- Complete the online form depending on your mentorship role.
- Review the Career Development Mentorship Program Principles and Guidelines.
- Complete an intake call with a program advisor.
- Attend the virtual online mentorship training in November Attend the virtual online Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training in December.
Once you register, you will be provided with an estimated time for when a suitable match will be made and information about the recommended training sessions.
Mentorship Intake for 2021 has closed. Next intake process will begin in June 2022.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 780.424.7391 (toll free: 1.800.232.9406)