As we continue to navigate through the ongoing COVID-19 situation, CPA Alberta’s in-person Career Services events and one-on-one in person coaching sessions will be virtual until further notice.
A job is a paid position of regular employment. A career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and with opportunities for progress. CPA Alberta's Career Services helps CPAs and CPA candidates achieve their goals of obtaining and maintaining a future that they can be proud of. We work with you either via email, video, phone, or in person. Whether you're looking for your next career opportunity, are new to the province, or simply want to brush up on your networking skills, CPA Alberta Career Services has several resources to help you develop your accounting career. This is your one-stop-shop for effectively marketing yourself in the Alberta job market. Take a look through some of the programs and opportunities we offer to find out how we can help.
The various services and programs we offer include:
- Job Search Support and Resources: development of job search strategy, career mapping, resume reviews, interview coaching, networking, building your brand, and more
- Job and Volunteer Board
- On the Job Support: role playing challenging discussions, building business cases for raises and promotions, improving your reputation, and expanding your network outside of your department
- LinkedIn Profile Reviews and Training
- Diversity and Inclusion Support: E.g. include breaking down barriers related to foreign trained professionals, invisible and visible disabilities, ageism, gender, and more
- Mentorship Program
- Monday Meetups: Job Search Networking Club
- Networking tips, tricks and training
- Webinars and Workshops
- Library of past webinars
- Psychometric Assessments: Intercultural Diversity Inventory (IDI), Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory(ICS), and Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0)
For more information or a request for support please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include specific details of your request in your subject line. In the content of your email, please include your CPA Registrant or Candidate ID number, location, and further details allowing us to help you best. We will endeavour to reply to you within the week.