Let your name stand for election to the CPA Alberta Board!
Nominations for election to the CPA Alberta Board are now open. This year, there are three open board positions to be filled, including one in which the incumbent will seek re-election. Ideal candidates for CPA Alberta board positions are engaged Alberta CPAs who bring a broad range of relevant experience and possess a demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution at the board level. CPA Alberta is committed to building a profession where the voices and experiences of all Alberta CPAs are reflected in the governance of the profession. As such, we encourage applications for board positions from all Alberta CPAs who are members in good standing—particularly those members of equity-seeking groups that have been historically underrepresented.
The CPA Alberta Governance Committee has identified the following competency areas and professional experience of candidates that would strengthen the expertise of the CPA Alberta Board and better balance the profile of the board to reflect the membership at large:
- Have demonstrated governance experience
- Possess government relations skills and experience
- Have knowledge of or experience in the legal field
- Be a resident of Northern Alberta
- Have the perspective of a professional accounting (public practice) practitioner
- Understand information technology—particularly, innovative and disruptive technology—and its impacts on the CPA profession
Nominations must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 22.
Full details and the nomination form can be found in the 2022 CPA Alberta Board Nomination Package.