Chapters are not just in Alberta! If you are a CPA Alberta member who is working outside of the country, there may be a Chapter through which you can access services and networking opportunities. Such Chapters currently exist in the United States, Barbados, the Cayman Islands, and Hong Kong, and more locations are being explored.
United States (ACAUS)
CPA Alberta members who reside in the US are eligible for a free membership with the Association of Chartered Accountants in the United States (ACAUS).
The ACAUS is a non-profit professional and educational organization dedicated to representing the interest of over 7,500 Chartered Accountants and Chartered Professional Accountants from a number of countries, including Canada, who reside in the US. CPA Canada is one of the funding organizations for ACAUS. The mission of the ACAUS is to facilitate the professional success of its members and, in so doing, promote the business community’s recognition of, and respect for these professionals. The organization currently has 18 chapters across the US.
To join the ACAUS, please register at www.acaus.org. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
In Barbados, the Cayman Islands and Hong Kong, chapters are organized by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada). These chapters reflect CPA Canada’s commitment to supporting out-of-country members who are an integral part of the professional organization and represent the Canadian accounting profession internationally.
All members who reside in a jurisdiction where a chapter is established, regardless of where their membership is based, are invited to participate in and become involved with chapter activities. There are no additional dues for membership in the chapter. Chapters will be overseen by local chapter boards, appointed by CPA Canada.
International chapter responsibilities:
- organize professional learning development events
- arrange business and social networking events
- support the CPA Canada mentoring program, where applicable
- provide content for CPA Canada newsletters and website
- negotiate affinity programs with local suppliers
- organize community outreach programs
- keep CPA Canada informed of any significant events impacting the profession in the jurisdiction
- provide input or assistance as requested by CPA Canada
- act as brand ambassadors and promote CPA at every opportunity