The ICS Inventory® is an assessment that addresses how we deal with and overcome misunderstanding, misperception, and hostility. How we communicate frustrations in conflict can help diffuse or escalate a situation, causing short-term or, in severe cases, long-term relational damage.
For those in a leadership position, the awareness and tools offered with this assessment can help you:
- Reduce turnover,
- Increase productivity,
- Improve motivation,
- Lessen emotional distress,
- Eliminate misunderstandings,
- Create a safe work space, and
- Avoid toxicity in teams.
For those in non-leadership roles, this assessment can help you:
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and management,
- Develop empathy,
- Resolve disagreements,
- Improve interpersonal relationships,
- Communicate accurately, and
- Manage stress
The resulting report and debrief are designed to help you to understand your default conflict style, and to leverage your own style and self-awareness to adapt effectively to others during conflict situations, whether or not you understand their culture.
This assessment provides a 16-page report that touches on:
- Evaluation of the interpretive manner in which people handle conflict,
- Analysis of expression of your true self under stress and conflict,
- Instinctive dimensions and styles: Discussion, engagement, accommodation and dynamic,
- Structured self-reflection and development plan, and
- Review of conflict-style factors: Emotional expressiveness vs. restraint, and direct vs. indirect styles.
The IDI® (Intercultural Development Inventory) assessment is a recommended companion to this assessment, but is not required.
Purchase this assessment.