The first profession assessment request is for the pre-assessment.
As directed by the profession
- Most commonly, Candidates will submit their first report to the profession after working 12 months in their role. The profession assessment requested will be '12 month'.
- If CPA Alberta, through the pre-assessment, deems that the Candidate may require additional guidance, you may be requested to report earlier.
- After this initial review, CPA Alberta will direct Candidates when to report next - this may be at completion of the practical experience requirements, or earlier if deemed necessary.
Change of Job
- If a Candidate changes positions or employers, they are required to submit a 'change of job' profession assessment within 3 months of the employment change.
- Once all of the practical experience requirements are met, the candidate will submit a 'completion' profession assessment.
Note that Candidates may not submit a request for a profession assessment outside of the above. If you have questions about your specific situation please contact us directly.
Once CPA Alberta has approved all of a Candidate's experience, he/she will be notified to confirm that he/she has met the practical experience requirements. At this time the Candidate will be directed to apply for membership.
Candidates may not submit their membership application until CPA Alberta has completed the assessment. Applications submitted earlier will be returned.