Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
In order to be eligible under this MRA, you must have obtained your designation by:
- Passing the Examen Uniforme de Cerificación de la Contaduria Publica (EUC); and
- Have the equivalent of at least 120 semester hours of college or university education including
baccalaureate or higher degree; and
- Must have 30 months relevant practical experience; and
- A CPC must hold a public accounting license (Cédula Professional) issued by the Dirección General de Profesiones/Secretaría de Educatión Pública.
Individuals who obtained their designation by qualifying under a reciprocal agreement which IMCP
may have with another professional accountancy organization are not eligible under this agreement.
Applicants who wrote one(1) or more part(s) of the IMCP's Examen uniforme de Certificacion de la
Contaduria Publica while:
a. A resident of Canada; or
b. After they became a resident of Canada; or
c. After they returned as a resident of Canada must in addition to the above requirements, have obtained either:
- A University degree from a degree-granting institution of higher education in Mexico as
a result of having attended the institution in person for classroom instruction on a fulltime
- At least one (1) year of full-time practical experience in accounting in Mexico.
Further requirements for this MRA are as follows:
- You must be a Canadian Citizen or legally permitted to work or study in Canada (for more
information, visit the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship at www.cic.gc.ca);
- Have attained a minimum of 2 years of pre-designation international employment outside of Canada, in the accounting profession, immediately prior to receiving your foreign designation (a reduction of this time may be requested, contact contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information);
If you believe you are eligible to apply for membership under this MRA, you will need to do the
Step 1 - In order to complete the pre-assessment process, you are required to create a record in our system. You may do that here. Select “Create Account” and enter in your information. You will be required to enter in a username and password. Please note that your password must be minimum eight characters, at least one letter, one number and one special character.
Once you have created an account you will receive an email with an activation code so you can activate your account.
From the landing page click on Action Centre>My Tasks. Then click on “Pre-assessment Questionnaire”. Complete all fields with an * and submit. Within 5 – 10 business days (volume dependent) of receiving the completed PAQ we will notify you of your eligibility to proceed.
Step 2 - Have your state board complete the Certification of Membership in an Accounting Body Outside Canada form and send directly to CPA Alberta at 800-444 7 Ave SW, Calgary
AB T2P 0X8, attention Member Registrations. Please do not upload your personal copy of the verification documentation to your file.
Step 3 - Provide proof of legal name as evidenced by acceptable government-issued documentation.
Step 4 - If you have less than 2 years relevant post qualification work experience you must complete a Practical Experience Form for all relevant accounting experience to demonstrate that the Canadian CPA experience requirements have been met. Please contact email@example.com to obtain the Practical experience forms.
After Step 4, you have completed the pre-assessment process and if eligible, notification will be sent to you so you may go online to complete the application process.
In order to maintain your membership, you will need to complete the CPA Reciprocity
Professional Development course by the second anniversary date of admission to
If you wish to use your CPC designation within Alberta, you must complete a request form and receive approval from the Registrar. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on using your foreign designation credentials in Alberta.
Please note: Approval for admission to membership solely qualifies the applicant for certification as a CPA in Alberta; it does not provide the rights to practice professional or public accounting. All CPA members are required to meet Alberta’s Professional Accounting Firm Registration Criteria (PAFRC). More information in regards to the professional and public accounting requirements can be found on our website.