Candidates can earn their practical experience through the Pre-Approved Program Route (PPR) or Experience Verification Route (EVR). The resources below outline the specific benefits employers gain by becoming a PPR provider and how it can help them better support their candidates.
- Become a PPR provider: Find out how PPR providers can streamline practical experience reporting for their candidates with this short booklet.
- Why become a PPR?: In this blog post, find out how becoming a PPR provider can better help you support your candidates and benefit your organization.
- CPA Rotational Program: Learn about rotational programs and how they can help employers support candidates in this blog post.
- Flexibility within a PPR: This blog post looks at how PPR programs can be tailored to suit employers.
- Don’t underestimate the industry PPR: This blog post discusses how more and more industry employers are offering pre-approved programs and seeing candidates excel in them.
- A candidate’s reflections: Nicole Spotowski looks back on the support she received from ATCO and shares how ATCO’s PPR program helped facilitate her success in CPA PEP.
Want to see what other employers are doing to support their candidates or the benefits of becoming a PPR? CPA Alberta’s Employer Relations team regularly sits down with employers to discuss what they do to help their CPA PEP candidates.
- PCL: Carrie Serediak CPA, CMA shares how PCL creates connections and a sense of community for candidates.
- Canadian Natural: Sameer Kalbag CPA, CA discusses how CPA program leaders collaborate at Canadian Natural to support the next generation of CPAs.
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation: Having a PPR program can help develop future senior leaders, and Aaron Principe CPA, CGA discusses how.
- City of Edmonton: Stephanie McDougald CPA, CGA gets "a lot of joy" from seeing CPA candidates progress through the City of Edmonton's pre-approved program route.
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation: Aaron Principe CPA, CGA provides insights into how the PPR program can help develop future senior leaders.
- Ovintiv Inc.: Rohit Kasbekar CPA, CMA discusses how Ovintiv’s PPR program helped develop the May 2021 CFE’s National Gold Medallist.
- Nuna Group of Companies: Ryan Hall CPA, CA talks about how the PPR program can help make your workforce more diverse.
- LiveCA: Josh Zweig CPA, CA shares his virtual accounting firm’s experience with becoming a PPR.
- ATCO: Cynthia Kumar CPA, CA highlights how ATCO supports candidates transition from candidate to full CPA roles.
- Imperial Oil: Glenn Peters CPA, CMA discusses Imperial Oil’s rotational program and its benefits.
- Office of the Auditor General of Alberta: Fong-Yee Tsai and Ibi Power CPA, CA share how the company keeps track of the progress of their candidates.
- Telus: The employer plays an important role in candidate development, and Jill Miller Barone CPA, CA describes how that plays out at Telus.