Employers hiring CPA candidates often have questions (even those who have hired CPA candidates in the past), and many employers might not know what to expect when their candidates are in CPA PEP. The below resources inform employers about CPA PEP and provide tips on how to support CPA candidates at all stages of their educational journeys.
- New! Mentoring Works Both Ways: When you mentor a CPA candidate, both you and your mentee learn and grow; you develop your listening and coaching skills while helping the candidate succeed in the CPA certification program.
- Guide to marking a CPA case: Pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of CPAs. Support CPA candidates by using this guide to mark their cases.
- Snack and Chat presentations for CPAs with legacy designations: These short presentations explain how the current CPA certification program differs from legacy CA, CGA, and CMA programs. To book your presentation, email EmployerRelations@cpaalberta.ca.
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting… a CPA Candidate: This handy PDF guide features a look at CPA PEP and contains information and best practices to support your candidate throughout each module and the Common Final Examination (CFE). We also have a webinar that features success stories and testimonials from employers and recent successful CFE writers.
- CPA Certification Program Roadmap: This resource helps CPAs with legacy designations—CA, CGA, and/or CMA—support the next generation of business leaders by outlining the key similarities and differences between the previous programs and the current CPA Professional Education Program.
- Candidate Resources: This compilation of resources can be provided to candidates to help them achieve success throughout their CPA PEP modules and the CFE.
- Meet the Practical Experience team: This blog post introduces employers to the Practical Experience team and how they support candidates.