The CPA PEP Talk e-newsletter is an employer-focused, quarterly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox. Featuring resources for employers and candidates, Practical Experience updates, and recent blog posts, this newsletter will help you support your candidates in their CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) journey. If you want to stay up to date and receive a copy of CPA PEP Talk to your inbox quarterly, email EmployerRelations@cpaalberta.ca
and we’ll add you to our mailing list.
Are you an employer who’s doing great work to support your candidates? We want to hear from you! Email us at EmployerRelations@cpaalberta.ca
so the Employer Relations team can sit down with you to hear more about your experiences. Your story might be featured as one of our Employer Features in an upcoming CPA PEP Talk.
Check out our past Employer Features below to see how employers are supporting their candidates through CPA PEP and their experiences with becoming Pre-Approved Program Route (PPR) providers.
- PCL: Carrie Serediak CPA, CMA shares how PCL creates connections and a sense of community for candidates.
- Canadian Natural: Sameer Kalbag CPA, CA discusses how CPA program leaders collaborate at Canadian Natural to support the next generation of CPAs.
- City of Edmonton: Stephanie McDougald CPA, CGA shares the joy she gets from seeing CPA candidates progress through the City of Edmonton's pre-approved program route.
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation: Having a PPR program can help develop future senior leaders, and Aaron Principe CPA, CGA discusses how.
- Ovintiv Inc.: Rohit Kasbekar CPA, CMA discusses how Ovintiv’s PPR program helped develop the May 2021 CFE’s National Gold Medallist.
- Nuna Group of Companies: Ryan Hall CPA, CA talks about how the PPR program can help make your workforce more diverse.
- LiveCA: Josh Zweig CPA, CA shares his virtual accounting firm’s experience with becoming a PPR.
- ATCO: Transitioning employees from candidate roles to full CPA roles is important, and Cynthia Kumar CPA, CA talks about how ATCO supports candidates with this transition.
- Imperial Oil: Glenn Peters CPA, CMA discusses Imperial Oil’s rotational program and its benefits.
- Office of the Auditor General of Alberta: Fong-Yee Tsai and Ibi Power CPA, CA share how the company keeps track of the progress of their candidates.
- Telus: The employer plays an important role in candidate development, and Jill Miller Barone CPA, CA describes how that plays out at Telus.