Upgrade your skills and your career
Expand your potential with the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance.
Designed by the Canadian CPA profession in consultation with employers, the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) is a next-generation technical accounting and finance program for both new and experienced members of the accounting industry. The program is the right choice for individuals aspiring to elevate their accounting and finance skills to an intermediate level. Certificate holders possess the advanced technical skills demanded by top employers in Canada, which is the first step to an amazing career.
This certificate is right for you if:
- You have studied for a minimum of one year at a recognized post-secondary institution (i.e. college or university) or meet the entry requirements through your work experience.
- You are an internationally trained professional with education or work experience outside of Canada.
- You are seeking a more challenging and rewarding role that allows you to be involved in more-complex accounting and finance tasks.
- You are looking to support management decision-making.
- You prefer to study at your own pace and choose electives that will give you the best opportunities for advancement in the field of accounting and finance in any industry.
- You are willing to dedicate two to three years of part-time study (on average), or complete your studies more quickly depending on credits already earned.
Why get an advanced certificate in Accounting and Finance.
Take your accounting skills to the next level
The Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance program is administered by a selection of accredited post-secondary institutions nationwide. Graduates stand out in the world of accounting with advanced technical accounting and finance skills that are elevated to a national standard. It’s what many hiring managers and recruiters are looking for.
Realize your career goals
With the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance on your resumé, you could become the preferred choice for accounting and finance positions and promotions throughout your career. Here are just a few of the possibilities that await you:
- Qualify for intermediate-level positions within accounting and finance teams.
- Work in any sector, whether business, not-for-profit, government, or at an accounting and finance firm.
- Use your skills in an industry you’re passionate about – whether you are interested in sports, entertainment, finance, technology, or travel.
Contact the CPA Western School of Business at email@example.com or CPA Alberta at firstname.lastname@example.org.