Brown Bag Lunch Seminars
Make your lunch hour truly powerful! Bring your lunch and attend a “brown bag” seminar, presented by CPA Alberta Career Services. Each month we cover a different career development topic.
Using LinkedIn Effectively for Networking and Job Search
This webinar will provide a brief overview of changes in the LinkedIn interface from 2017. It is a good introduction to LinkedIn for new users (how to improve personal presence and “brand management”), and a useful refresher to those who've been using LinkedIn for some time but haven’t adapted to all of the changes in the newer LinkedIn interface. The following topics will be covered:
- Creating an impactful LinkedIn profile
- Developing and enhancing your visibility and reputation by engaging effectively with connections and others
- Networking and connecting strategically to research job and organization options, find career direction and get referrals
- "Where's my Stuff?" An overview of changes for those familiar with the "old" LinkedIn.
- Tuesday, March 27
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. MST
- Online Event via GoToWebinar
Free online Event
Please note, this webinar is open to designated CPA members, PEP Candidates or Preparatory Students.
If you have a question about the Brown Bag Lunch Webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Placement, Networking & Employer Workshops
Career Advisors periodically host workshops for organizations, ranging in duration from 30 minutes to 2 hours, on a variety of employment related topics such as:
- Networking for Success
- The Job Search and Your Resume and Cover Letter
- LinkedIn Overview and how to use it in your Job Search
- Why an HR Manager is Afraid to Hire You
- Workplace Integration Resources Overview