Brown Bag Lunch Seminars
Make your lunch hour truly powerful! Bring your lunch and attend a “brown bag” seminar, presented by CPA Alberta Career Services. Each month we cover a different career development topic.
The New LinkedIn
In early 2017, LinkedIn began the staggered roll-out of a new user interface for the platform, with the stated goal of unifying the look and feel of the website and mobile app. This roll-out is now (pretty much) complete.
This seminar will provide an overview of changes in the interface. It will give a good introduction to LinkedIn for new users (how to improve personal presence and “brand management”) and a useful refresher to those who've been using LinkedIn for some time. Topics covered:
- Creating an impactful LinkedIn profile;
- Developing and enhancing your visibility and reputation by engaging effectively with connections and others;
- Networking and connecting strategically to research job and organization options, find career direction and get referrals; and
- "Where's my Stuff?" An overview of changes for those familiar with the "old" LinkedIn.
Thursday, November 16
12:00 - 1:30 pm
1900 TD Tower, 10088 - 102 Avenue
Tuesday, November 21
12:00 - 1:30 pm
800, 444 - 7th Ave. SW
Career Placement, Networking & Employer Workshops
Career Advisors periodically host workshops for organizations, ranging in duration from 30 minutes to 2 hours, on a variety of employment related topics such as:
- Networking for Success
- The Job Search and Your Resume and Cover Letter
- LinkedIn Overview and how to use it in your Job Search
- Why an HR Manager is Afraid to Hire You
- Workplace Integration Resources Overview