With more opportunities for students to obtain practical experience outside of the traditional public accounting environment, and with new inter-provincial mobility agreements, it has become necessary for CPA Alberta to make changes to its public accounting registration criteria (PARC).
This online seminar allows each partner and member who has responsibility for an entire public accounting engagement to meet the public accounting registration criteria (PARC) requirement of completing an approved public practice seminar. It provides an overview of the following areas of practice, focuses on risk areas and common deficiencies, provides references for practitioners to consult for more in-depth purposes, and tests the participant’s knowledge in each subject area.
- Legislative Authority and Guidance
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements
- Professional Liability Insurance (PLI)
- Practice review, complaints and discipline processes
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Objectives of QA
- Elements of a system of quality control
- Applying and complying
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Canadian GAAP Handbook and Private Entity/NPO
- Common presentation and disclosures for private enterprise
- Transition issues for accounting standards for private enterprise
- Future standards changes
- Assurance and related services
- Overview of the Assurance Handbook
- Audit, review, compilation standards
- Other related services
- Practice review deficiencies
- Tax Management Practice
- Tax Management Practice risk areas
- Compliance considerations - corporate and personal
Before the session, you will be emailed a password to access the online course. Within the course, you will find instructions on how to work through the session and all necessary seminar learning and testing materials.
Your results will be tracked as you progress through the modules and quizzes so you can generate your certificate of completion for your records.
Seminar Code: 01463
CPD Credit: Up to 14 hours
$540.00 or 8 Corporate Passport Tickets
Alternatively, you can complete the hard-copy registration form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.