What are the requirements for admission to the Professional Education Program (CPA PEP)?
An undergraduate degree (in any discipline) from a recognized post-secondary institution is required for admission to the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP). In addition to an undergraduate degree, required prerequisite courses as defined by the specific subject area coverage in the CPA Competency Map must be successfully completed through CPA PREP, Module Zero or a recognized post-secondary institution.
For more information on Module Zero please visit www.cpawsb.ca.
What is CPA PEP?
The CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) is a two-year graduate-level program that is delivered on a part-time basis. It's designed to meet the needs of industry, government and public practice and provide professional accountants with the knowledge and skill to succeed in whatever role or position they take on.
CPA PEP consists of six modules which are delivered using a blended learning model consisting of online learning, self-study and classroom learning.
In addition to formal education and the common final examination, the new CPA certification program requires CPA students/candidates to complete a term of relevant practical experience. The knowledge and competencies gained through practical experience complement those developed through education.
View or download the PEP brochure
Download detailed instructions outlining the Enrollment Process
Your first step towards becoming a Chartered Professional Accountant is to create a CPA Profile.
Students who are completing or have successfully completed prerequisites for any one of the legacy CA, CMA or CGA professional programs, will be eligible for entry into CPA PEP until June, 2017. Students must meet the prerequisites of only one legacy pathway and will not be allowed to combine transcript evaluation results from the CA, CMA, CGA or PREP pathways. Module Zero, currently offered by the CA Western School of Business (CAWSB), is designed to help fill any knowledge gaps between the legacy programs and CPA PEP.
If you meet all the prerequisites for the legacy program you will then be directed to start the process of enrolling for Module Zero and the CPA Professional Education Program.
- Visit the CPA Western School of Business website for more information on the CPA Professional Education Program and Module Zero.
- Attend an information session near you (or online). View our calendar for dates and registration.
- For questions regarding eligibility for the CPA Professional Education Program or the PEP enrollment process, call or book an appointment with an admissions advisor at 587.390.1877 (toll free at 1.855.306.9390) or email email@example.com.
- Send questions about applying to CPA PEP (including assessments, eligibility, prerequisites, employment) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send questions about enrolling in Core 1 (including transfers, withdrawals, schedule and key dates, accommodations, evaluations) to email@example.com.
- Send questions about Module Zero to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also call the CPA Western School of Business at 1.866.420.2350 with your questions regarding the CPA Professional Education Program or the PEP enrollment process.